* “In the beginning, God…” (Genesis 1:1) – signifies that God existed before time and even created time.
* “Did God really say…” (Genesis 3:1) – the first temptation to sin, leading to the fall of man.
* “…and the Lord closed the door.” (Genesis 7:16) – God’s protection of Noah and his family was ensured, and the destruction of all evil on the earth commenced.
* “Who is this uncircumcised Philistine, that he should defy the armies of the living God?” (I Samuel 17:26) – The shepherd teenager David speaking of the giant Goliath, before he killed him with one small stone and the power of God.
* “Greetings, favored one! The Lord is with you.” (Luke 1:28) The angel Gabriel greeting Mary to announce she would become the mother of Jesus.
* “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations…” (Matthew 28:19) – Jesus issuing The Great Commission, thus launching the church that has changed the world.
* ”and suddenly a sound came from heaven like a rushing violent wind.” (Acts 2:2) – the sound of the Holy Spirit coming to empower believers at Pentecost to carry out the Great Commission.
These are incredible verses that describe watershed events that changed the world forever. What are the watershed moments in your life? The next time you are visiting with someone, ask them to describe the watershed moments in their life, and you share yours. I would be surprised if Jesus does not come up in this conversation.