Our belief is based in the Word of God as expressed in the Holy Bible. Of foremost, are the beliefs in the Sacrament of Baptism and the Sacrament of the Communion, the Apostle’s Creed and the Commandments of God.
Belief in one Triune God or the Holy Trinity
- God the Father- creator of all that exists
- God the Son, Jesus Christ- who was made man in order to take on the sins of the world, suffer and die then rise again from the dead. By so doing, Christ conquered death and Satan.
- God the Holy Spirit- who creates faith through God’s Word and Sacraments.
The three persons are coequal and form one God.
Belief in Grace Alone, Faith Alone, Word Alone
- Grace Alone, Sola Gratia- God so loved the world that he gave His only Son to die for us despite our sins, rebellion, and our inability to earn His love. Through His grace we are saved.
- Faith Alone, Sola Fide- Jesus Christ took our place on the cross and became victorious over death. Whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
- Word Alone, Sola Scriptura- The Holy Bible is the infallible Word of God. Through it we are taught God’s grace.
Belief in the Apostle’s Creed
- I believe in God the Almighty Father, Creator of Heaven and Earth.
- And in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord, Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried, descended to Hell, on the third day rose again from the dead, ascended to Heaven and sat down at the right hand of God the Almighty Father. From there He will come to judge the living and the dead.
- I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Christian Church, the community of the saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and an everlasting life. Amen.
- Online bible study at Crosswire.org
- Luther’s Small Catechism – a catechism is an instruction. The small catechism is basically an instruction manual for the bible and contains the foundations of truth found in the bible.