When we meet another person, whether it is a friend, family member, neighbor, co-worker, or the fresh produce guy at your grocery store, it is helpful to consider:
* It might be a divine appointment from the Lord, for you to minister to that person, or for that person to minister to you.
* This person is unique and special, created by God in His image.
* What are they experiencing in their life – are they happy? Sad? Fearful? Angry? Joyful?
* Relate to them where they are with non-judgmental acceptance and love.
* Seek to relate to them at the soul level – what is the status of their soul?
* Do they know the Lord?
* Are they producing the fruit of the Spirit in their lives?
* Do they know the Lord’s calling on their life?
* Are they fulfilling God’s calling on their life?
* If not, what is holding them back?
* How can you minister to them?
* What do they need you to pray for?
You can then tell them about Jesus – how He died for our sins and invites us to repent of our sins and ask Him into our lives as Lord and Savior to receive the gift of salvation. And you can invite them to First Lutheran Church, to join a fellowship of believers who love the Lord and seek to share His love and truth with the world.
Board of Evangelism